- Keep our residents safe and healthy by continuing to provide adequate testing and promoting efforts to reduce the COVID infection rate
- Keep our residents in their homes
- Help our local businesses rebound while maintaining and creating new jobs
- Provide the essential City services that our residents expect while keeping a balanced budget
- Maintain our strong commitment to public safety including Police, Fire, Emergency Medical Services and Emergency Management to ensure Thousand Oaks remains one of the safest cities in California
- Operate City government in a fiscally and managerially responsible and prudent manner to ensure that Thousand Oaks remains one of California’s most desirable places to live, work, visit, recreate and raise a family
- Ensure that the General Fund always remains balanced and sound financial policies are followed
- Identify long-term challenges and put into place mitigations before challenges become issues. My efforts have already been successful as our reserves are strong and will carry us through any obstacle that comes from COVID-19.
- Maintain our strong S&P AA+ financial rating
Jobs & Economic Growth
- Advance the development of our innovative BioTech company hub for life sciences and technology which will drive young professionals to our City by providing high paying scientific and managerial jobs.
- Listen to our major employers by revitalizing our Downtown as a means to recruit and retain talent.
- Continue to attract highly trained people to provide a skilled employment base for our local businesses.
- Provide more quality, affordable senior housing in our community
- Continue to pursue opportunities for assisted living facilities
- Maintain essential senior services such as the Goebel Senior Center, Meals on Wheels and Dial-A-Ride
- Continue assistance via Community Development Block Grants for the quality of life of our seniors
Revitalize our Boulevard
- Highlight our downtown core with an infrastructure project that creates places for our friends and neighbors to
gather and socialize
- Attract cafes, bistros, restaurants and shops to make Thousand Oaks Boulevard an economic engine and a day and nighttime destination
- Install new landscaping, lighting, street furniture and pedestrian-friendly walkways
- Provide high-quality, entry-level housing to attract young professionals and to help our young citizens stay in T.O.
- Maintain our environmentally conscious approach to the <1% of developable land which will allow people to live and to work in the City while cutting commute times and reducing greenhouse gasses
- Continue to add to our over 15,000 acres of open space to support our “Ring of Green” around the city
- Protect our wildlife by preventing the use of commercial toxins such as rodenticides which adversely harm our environment
- Sustain our oak tree ordinance to preserve our community’s natural heritage
- Reduce our reliance on single-use disposable plastics to become a more environmentally conscious community